Correct, the last GETMAIN is probably not the problem, but the VSMDATA detail
listing might help to locate who is using the storage.

-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:ibm-m...@bama.ua.edu] On Behalf Of
Vernooij, CP - SPLXM
Sent: Wednesday, October 20, 2010 2:32 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: Re: z/os 1.11 and low private

That is usually a tricky problemanalyses: you will probably catch the victim of
some other extensive storage consumption done earlier in time.
Comparing VMSDATA from 1.9 and 1.11 might give a clue.

Kees.

"Veilleux, Jon L" <veilleu...@aetna.com> wrote in message
.com>...
> Maybe a SLIP on the 878 will show you exactly who is doing GETMAINs
which might point you in the correct direction.

> VERBX VSMDATA 'noglobal detail'

Behalf Of Hal Merritt
> Sent: Tuesday, October 19, 2010 12:04 PM
> To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
> Subject: Re: z/os 1.11 and low private
>
> There are no known differences in the application, and we pay close
attention to that.

> The application may, however, be invoking some z/os service(s) that
have grown. The application is starting up (opening files, setting up telecom,
etc) when the shortage occurs.

Behalf Of Veilleux, Jon L
> Sent: Tuesday, October 19, 2010 10:51 AM
> To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
> Subject: Re: z/os 1.11 and low private
>
> Is it running an application program or a z/OS utility that might have
increased in size?

out of low private (ABEND S878-10) when run under z/os 1.11. It is very tight,
but runs ok under z/os 1.9.

> We compared the private under both z/os versions and, if anything, the
1.11 seems a little larger.

> The application folks are working the issue, so I'm just looking for
any differences in z/os that may help the application folks better craft their
solutions.

> The nature of the application makes it very difficult to reproduce the
problem in a test mode.

> Thanks!!
> NOTICE: This electronic mail message and any files transmitted with it
are intended exclusively for the individual or entity to which it is addressed.
The message, together with any attachment, may contain confidential and/or
privileged information.
> Any unauthorized review, use, printing, saving, copying, disclosure or
distribution is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in
error, please immediately advise the sender by reply email and delete all
copies.

email to lists...@bama.ua.edu with the message: GET IBM-MAIN INFO Search the
archives at http://bama.ua.edu/archives/ibm-main.html
> This e-mail may contain confidential or privileged information. If you
think you have received this e-mail in error, please advise the sender by reply
e-mail and then delete this e-mail immediately.
> Thank you. Aetna

email to lists...@bama.ua.edu with the message: GET IBM-MAIN INFO Search the
archives at http://bama.ua.edu/archives/ibm-main.html
> NOTICE: This electronic mail message and any files transmitted with it
are intended exclusively for the individual or entity to which it is addressed.
The message, together with any attachment, may contain confidential and/or
privileged information.
> Any unauthorized review, use, printing, saving, copying, disclosure or
distribution is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in
error, please immediately advise the sender by reply email and delete all
copies.

email to lists...@bama.ua.edu with the message: GET IBM-MAIN INFO Search the
archives at http://bama.ua.edu/archives/ibm-main.html
> This e-mail may contain confidential or privileged information. If you
> think you have received this e-mail in error, please advise the sender
> by reply e-mail and then delete this e-mail immediately.
> Thank you. Aetna

> email to lists...@bama.ua.edu with the message: GET IBM-MAIN INFO
e-mail, and delete this message.

33014286