On Tue, 26 Oct 2010 17:27:47 -0400, Knutson, Sam <sknut...@geico.com>
wrote:

>Even though it is not the default with appropriate testing no one should be
afraid of setting USEZOSV1R9RULES(NO).
>This is going to have a positive impact on performance in select tasks.

Sam,

We specifically looked at the performance of USEZOSV1R9RULES(NO) as part
of our Mean Time To Recovery (MTTR) efforts. During our testing, we
simulated DB2 opening a very large number (100K) of VSAM data sets.
USEZOSV1R9RULES(NO) made a noticeable difference, and that difference was
proportionately greater as the number of data sets being opened was
increased. USEZOSV1R9RULES(NO) is certainly something that we would
recommend to anyone who wants to reduce their DB2 start-up time.

W. Kevin Kelley -- IBM POK Lab -- z/OS Core Technical Development