On 21 Oct 2010 06:58:53 -0700, in bit.listserv.ibm-main you wrote:

>On Thu, Oct 21, 2010 at 1:29 AM, Ted MacNEIL <eamacn...@yahoo.ca> wrote:
>> Barbara, you have to learn to stop beating around the bush and tell us what
>> you really feel!
>> (8-{]}
>>
>> BTW, I used to be a big fan of PDSE.
>> Now, except for source code, I won't use them unless I have to.
>>
>> Rather than constantly compressing source libraries, I find they make sense
>> there.
>
>I suspect this is part of the "unless I have to", so please take this
>as a straight question based on lack of knowledge on my part:
>What about load modules that call DLLs and the like? Don't those
>*have* to be in PDSEs?
Can load modules be housed in zFS? program objects? DLLs?  Would it be
better to functionally stabilize PDSE and have the zFS the strategic
direction forward?  Would there be a performance improvement.  Given
that PDSE is NOT available at NIP (and I am aware that neither is
zFS), would it be it be better to have just one way going forward that
is available at NIP?

Clark Morris