W dniu 2010-10-21 21:57, Paul Gilmartin pisze:
On Thu, 21 Oct 2010 15:04:44 -0300, Clark Morris wrote:

Can load modules be housed in zFS? program objects? DLLs?  Would it be
better to functionally stabilize PDSE and have the zFS the strategic
direction forward?  Would there be a performance improvement.  Given
that PDSE is NOT available at NIP (and I am aware that neither is
zFS), would it be it be better to have just one way going forward that
is available at NIP?

Program objects, yes.

Can LOAD/LINK/ATTACH/EXEC PGM= be taught to grok zFS?
(BPAM NOTE/POINT/FIND does already.)
Wait...

AFAIK, zFS doesn't support alias entry points.
AFAIK yes, but I can be wrong.

Could zFS directories be put in LINKLIST/LPA?
Wait...

How does APF play with zFS?
Quite well. See extattr.

zFS has its own problems.  See recent thread about hazards
of volume backups of zFS.
Everybody has his own problems <g>
Yes, I see some disadvantages of ZFS when compared to HFS. This is my point of view - a person who install, copy, migrate etc. those filesystems. ZFS is harder to use. I believe (I didn't experienced it) that ZFS is better than HFS and it's future of filesystems. So far, so ...worse; but I still trust IBM.

Should it be ZFS rather than zFS?
What do you mean? Official nomenclature?
I believe that you will easily find 'all-uppercase' wording in official IBM documents. Oh, maybe you simply miss our favorite USS quarrel ? <vbg> It's quite obvious it stands for Unix System Services! <g>
(No, you're wrong. It's not my dog. I know it better. It was 360/165)

--
Radoslaw Skorupka
Lodz, Poland

--
BRE Bank SA
ul. Senatorska 18

Sąd Rejonowy dla m. st. Warszawy XII Wydział Gospodarczy Krajowego Rejestru Sądowego, nr rejestru przedsiębiorców KRS 0000025237
NIP: 526-021-50-88
Według stanu na dzień 16.07.2010 r. kapitał zakładowy BRE Banku SA (w całości
wpłacony) wynosi 168.248.328 złotych.