Chris Mason wrote:

I'd like to encourage you to try using the NetView Session Monitor (NLDM)
trace function with the CPIU (complete PIU) option. This gives you exactly
what a VTAM buffer trace gives you with massively less fiddling about and -
to judge from your post - uncertainty over whether you've specified all the
necessary obscure codes and all at your 3270 display the moment your test
has finished.

I'm skeptical. Usually, when the word "Netview" is present in the name of a service, it means we can't reliably expect it to be present at customer sites. Is this NDLM feature universal?

Our technical support people have one set of instructions they send to customers when a VTAM buffer trace becomes necessary. AFAIK, it has never failed to provide the correct information.

--
| Edward E. Jaffe                |                                |