Walt:

There is a paragraph in the HSM documentation stating that generic
TAPEVOL protection should work. But it is somewhat vague, without any
details.
It says:

--1.9.5.3 Protecting DFSMShsm Tapes

--Tip: If you have not defined RACF tape volume sets for DFSMShsm, but
you want RACF to protect --all the tapes through a RACF generic profile,
specify the SETSYSTAPESECURITY                --(RACFIRACFINCLUDE)
command.

So, i am not trying to do something undocumented.
My interest comes from the fact that we have around 30.000 HSM tapes (in
a separate RACF dataset), and we want to consolidate both current RACF
datasets into a single one, and i like to reduce the number of TAPEVOL
profiles before making the consolidation.

JUAN MAUTALEN

<<If you do anything other than exactly what they document, then it is
<<likely that you will experience problems.

<<Are you running out of room in the HSMHSM and DFHSMx profiles?  If
not,
<<then perhaps you should just leave it alone.

<<If you are, then rather than asking here, perhaps you should contact
the
<<IBM Support Center and ask for HSM assistance.

        Walt

email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the message: GET IBM-MAIN INFO Search
the archives at http://bama.ua.edu/archives/ibm-main.html