Bob Shannon wrote:

$15K lying around (at least back in the late 1990's), there is the
DFSMS
Advanced Customization guide

$15K is the price I remember. I have been told it's $50K now. It's
pretty obvious that anyone outside of IBM is seriously discouraged from
using FAMS any of the services described within.

Wow! And we balked at the $15K price! Never did buy it -- just reverse engineered the interface(s) we needed. Now the "official" doc is *really* out of reach! And some sorely-needed read-only interfaces were never made public. What a mistake!

| Edward E. Jaffe                |                                |
| Mgr, Research & Development    | [EMAIL PROTECTED]    |
| Phoenix Software International | Tel: (310) 338-0400 x318       |
| 5200 W Century Blvd, Suite 800 | Fax: (310) 338-0801            |
| Los Angeles, CA 90045          | http://www.phoenixsoftware.com |