On Wed, 24 Nov 2010 04:09:07 -0600 "McKown, John"
<john.mck...@healthmarkets.com> wrote:

:>I know how to send an SMS cell phone message using an email to sms gateway.
What I'm trying to figure out is a relatively simple and CPU efficient way to
do it. We have CA-OPS/MVS 11.5 installed. I could use it, but since I don't
know every possible WTOR message id which might occur, it appears that I need
to trap every z/OS message and look at each one individually. Yuck! This is not
CPU efficient. I could write an IEAVMXIT in assembler to trap all messages and
process the WTORs. This is probably more CPU efficient, but not simple.
Especially since I would likely need to queue the WTORs to another address
space to actually process. I could write a program to set up an EMCS console.
But this seems neither simple nor CPU efficient, although perhaps more so than
CA-OPS.

I would not think that it would cost that much to have OPS check every message
- it already traps them anyway.

Other options - OPSMVS )TOD rule to check for outstanding WTORs, screen
scraper on a PC console, .....

http://www.dissensoftware.com