I would tend to agree with ' they violate our standards and are sharing ids'.
Security is not priority one in some other countries. (At least not OUR
security).

-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:ibm-m...@bama.ua.edu] On Behalf Of
McKown, John
Sent: Monday, November 29, 2010 10:58 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: Re: A New Threat for password hacking

Each to his own. I prefer "the human touch" on password resets. But I'm an old
paranoid <grin>. In my arrogance, somebody who cannot remember their RACF
password likely can't remember their own name, either. A passphrase may be more
difficult. But 8 stupid characters, max? Sure, it could be forgotten early on.
And after a vacation. But we've had literally 8 or 10 password reset requests
in a row from some of our off-shore users. Personally, I think they violate our
standards and are sharing ids. But I can't prove it.

John McKown

Systems Engineer IV

IT

Administrative Services Group

HealthMarkets(r)

(817) 255-3225 phone *

lists...@bama.ua.edu with the message: GET IBM-MAIN INFO Search the archives at
http://bama.ua.edu/archives/ibm-main.html
This e-mail may contain confidential or privileged information. If
you think you have received this e-mail in error, please advise the
sender by reply e-mail and then delete this e-mail immediately.
Thank you. Aetna