Thanks Scott, That's what I thought but couldn't find documented.

Thank You,
Dave O'Brien
NIH Contractor
From: Scott Rowe [scott.r...@joann.com]
Sent: Tuesday, November 30, 2010 1:46 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: Re: Question concerning CMF reporting of CPU Delay

Assuming that CMF works the same as RMF, yes, the CPU delay % indicates the
% of samples taken where the workload was waiting to use a LP.  This
calculation has no visibility to the physical CPs.

On Tue, Nov 30, 2010 at 10:51 AM, O'Brien, David W. (NIH/CIT) [C] <
obrie...@mail.nih.gov> wrote:

> Back to my original question, if LPARa has a weight of 30 and is 100% busy
> but is only getting 50% physical then the CPU delay % should be 50%. However
> CMF is reporting 2-3% which leads me to conclude that CMF is only computing
> wait for Logical Processors within the LPAR.
>
> Thank You,
> Dave O'Brien
> NIH Contractor

CONFIDENTIALITY/EMAIL NOTICE: The material in this transmission contains
confidential and privileged information intended only for the addressee.
If you are not the intended recipient, please be advised that you have
received this material in error and that any forwarding, copying, printing,
distribution, use or disclosure of the material is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this material in error, please (i) do not read it,
(ii) reply to the sender that you received the message in error, and
(iii) erase or destroy the material. Emails are not secure and can be
intercepted, amended, lost or destroyed, or contain viruses. You are deemed
to have accepted these risks if you communicate with us by email. Thank you.