On Tue, Nov 30, 2010 at 6:40 PM, michealbutz <michealb...@optonline.net>wrote:

>> Hi,
>>
>>  From what I understand running in 64 bit mode (SAM64)  you have to run
>> disabled  does the
>> SAM64 instruction do that
>>

>From my understanding, a problem state program can run in AMODE 64.  I don't
>think it is a requirement to run disabled to use AMODE 64.

Problem-state programs can definitely run in AMODE 64 without being
disabled -- I've written a few that did so.

I have a vague memory of reading, here or on the assembler mailing list,
that you would need to run disabled if you wanted to branch to code
located above the bar.  I also have a vague memory that the Wrath of
God would probably fall on you anyway if you tried it, disabled or not.

Allen Gainsford
Info Developer, Banking Shared Services
HP Enterprise Services (South Pacific)
Office +64-4-474-5133 | Fax +64-4-474-5258 | Email allen.gainsf...@hp.com