hehe, I don't know if I even want to try this, with 18 SAP DB2 subsystems my
total should be well over 1 million ;-)

On Thu, Dec 2, 2010 at 10:04 AM, Mark Zelden <mzel...@flash.net> wrote:

> On Thu, 2 Dec 2010 00:45:27 -0600, Elardus Engelbrecht
> <elardus.engelbre...@sita.co.za> wrote:
>
> >Mark Zelden wrote:
> >
> >>3.4 doesn't allow * or **.
> >
> >Try out *%  (Asterisk followed by percentage sign without any spaces)
> >

> Okay, that does work.   I compared to to my CATSRCH exec with **
> in my sandbox and it was 10 less entries returned - 29487 vs. 29497
> for CATSRCH (no, I'm not going to try and figure out what is being
> reported differently).
>
> BTW, CATSRCH took about 2 wall clock seconds and ISPF 3.4 took about
> 25 seconds, but my exec only returns the data set names and volser
> information.
>
> Mark
> --
> Mark Zelden - Zelden Consulting Services - z/OS, OS/390 and MVS
> mailto:mzel...@flash.net
> Mark's MVS Utilities:
> http://home.flash.net/~mzelden/mvsutil.html<http://home.flash.net/%7Emzelden/mvsutil.html>
> Systems Programming expert at http://expertanswercenter.techtarget.com/

CONFIDENTIALITY/EMAIL NOTICE: The material in this transmission contains
confidential and privileged information intended only for the addressee.
If you are not the intended recipient, please be advised that you have
received this material in error and that any forwarding, copying, printing,
distribution, use or disclosure of the material is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this material in error, please (i) do not read it,
(ii) reply to the sender that you received the message in error, and
(iii) erase or destroy the material. Emails are not secure and can be
intercepted, amended, lost or destroyed, or contain viruses. You are deemed
to have accepted these risks if you communicate with us by email. Thank you.