On Thu, 2 Dec 2010 07:39:36 -0800, Edward Jaffe wrote:

>Recently, a large U.S. Government customer asked us if our product(s) would
>still work if the LPA-eligible modules were moved from PLPA to LNKLST. They're
>running the latest operating system releases (often participating in the ESP
>process), the latest subsystems and middle-ware, and are so storage constrained
>at 2G they're scraping the bottom of the barrel!
>IMHO, there is a lot that can and should be done before we get too worried
>about
>whether RMODE(64) executables are necessary.

Those two statements appear to contradict each other.  In any case,
RMODE(64) executables might avoid much scraping effort.

If a program runs today in AMODE(64) RMODE(31), would the hypothetical
effort to convert to RMODE(64) be minimal, or would it be more like
the evolution of XA, where many things still require RMODE(24)?

-- gil