From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:ibm-m...@bama.ua.edu] On Behalf
Of Joel C. Ewing
Sent: Thursday, December 09, 2010 9:40 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: Re: Product Announcement Policy

If you look at some of the other objections to the original product
announcement, those had to do with the presence of much marketing
doublespeak which didn't give a clue what the product really did.
Considering the technical nature of this list, it would be more appropriate
to dispense with the c--p directed to clueless management types and get
immediately to the point, so it would be obvious whether further reading was
a useful expenditure of time.

I read through the whole post only because I was morbidly curious whether it
would set a new record for how long it took to get a clue whether the
product had any relevance.
   Joel C Ewing