Good points.

Design desire on my part is to get "line mode" data from z/OS to Linux. Like
what I would get if I did SDSF XD to put a SPOOL dataset into a dataset so that
I could then read that data into another program, as if I had originally put
the data into a dataset and ftp'ed the dataset to Linux. Again, I don't much
care, personally, about PAGE mode data. Or data going to some other page
oriented output device like a Xerox printer with fonts and forms and overlays.
I am not looking to make a SYSOUT archival or Web access to SYSOUT type
arrangement. I'm going for my own, rather simple, needs.

--
John McKown
Systems Engineer IV

Administrative Services Group