On Thu, 16 Dec 2010 10:40:57 +0000, Beesley, Paul
<paul.bees...@atosorigin.com> wrote:

>Good morning list.
>
>Apologies for the long post ...
>
>We have a strange problem on one LPAR since the last IPL in the early
>hours of Monday morning, whereby the CPU time used by jobs ( as
>displayed on the SDSF DA panel, and in the IEFACTRT reports ) is a
>fraction of what it should be. >CPU (SRB): 00:00:18.59
>reported it had used CPU (TCB): 00:03:12.90.
>
>The IPL was to upgrade 4 CA products (MIM, OpsMVS, Sysview, CA1) and
>Syncsort, and apply a handful of PTFs recommended for the MIM upgrade,
>none of which affect CPU reporting/recording. >
>Unfortunately this is z/OS 1.9 so I can't raise a PMR with IBM ( we're
>upgrading Q1/Q2 2011 ).
>
>Any ideas what could have caused this ? Not a critical problem but it's
>causing problems with the customer's reports

Hi Paul,
This is an OPS/MVS 11.8 problem.

PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
OPSMVS 11.8 by default uses ENCLAVES for performance purposes,  which
may have adverse effects on performance tools, DB2, Websphere, and any
other products that use ENCLAVES.

CIRCUMVENTION:
For immediate relief,  change option INITWME in opsview 4.1.1 to NO.
Then issue the following MVS command:
F OPSx,restart(WME)  /* where OPSx is your opsmvs subsystem name */
Apply the associated PTF in order to disable enclave joins for the
time being, or remember to change your OPSxPAnn parameter member to
include the following statement to reflect this change:
T= OPSPRM_SET("initwme","no") The PTF will not affect the INITWME
Parameter, but will disable any newjoins.

Doug

Doug

Doug