>Any hints as to a replacement?

I am recommending WPS. As long as their functions are enough for your needs,
installation and migration are a breeze.

Installation and rollout to three systems takes about 30 minutes (including
download from their site).
Migrating to WPS took me all of three weeks, and we are running all of our
performance reporting - z/OS, z/VM and zLinnux - on WPS. It was more of a
problem of making sure that all jobs touching the same data set are migrated
at the same time to not loose data.

Of course I did an evaluation first, and that revealed that WPS was missing a
few functions in the graphics part. Since I had started evaluation early enough
(about a year before migration), WPS had come through and provided all of
the functions needed by us.

During evaluation and migration, I migrated from WPS 2.3 to WPS 2.4 to WPS
2.5 (the current version). WPS support was outstanding even after my
management had signed the contract. Not to mention that it is same-timezone
support (or almost same timezone).

I am very happy that now I don't have to code these statements anymore,
most of which only needed to be coded in order to bypass abends in SAS
including corrupted databases/SAS catalogs to the point of inusability that
SAS simply refused to even debug properly, much less fix since version 6:
goptions nopolygonclip nopclip nopolygonfill;
option nogwindow;

Not to mention that now I don't have to code the lengthy and time-consuming
%cpstart macro anymore (needed due to our SAS/GRAPH only working under
ITRM, we we had not used functionally at all).

I am also very happy that by migrating from SAS 8.2 ( I had already shuddered
to migrate to 9.1.* and would have had a fit with SAS9.2, not to mention that
migration from ITRM 2.6 to ITRM V3 is impossible without first going to 9.1.3
and 2.7 plus under V3 there were some severe ITRM changes in the way the
pdbs are structured) I have neatly avoided all of the *NIX stuff and another
mod9 for unneeded code.

WPS consumes a bit more CPU than SAS, but cost per CPU second is *a lot*
less.
Next will be testing WPS under zLinux, which our WPS licence covers.

Barbara Nitz