On Thu, 16 Dec 2010 13:57:00 -0600, Paul Gilmartin
<paulgboul...@aim.com> wrote:

>You forgot to mention that they don't believe in SMP/E.
>
>How does this compare with CA's recent innovations?

Tough call.  Don't believe in it vs. have to front-end it because it's rules
aren't
fully understood.  To be fair, though, I have yet to see an ISV, save perhaps
Phoenix, that excels at SMP/E packanging.  And yet, there are some IBM
products that still need help.

I am fine with non-SMP/E installs, provided they use z/OS concepts and
utilities to perform the install (FDR is a good example of this).  However, in
SAS' case,  sorting out hot fixes without SMP/E is a major inconvenience.  The
whole registry concept is a square peg in a round hole.

Regards,
Art Gutowski
Ford Motor Company