>I could be wrong, but SAS Institute appears to be another "arrogant" vendor.
>They have an excellent product with a large share of their market.
>Therefore "we are the best and you need to conform to our ideas".
>Probably started when their codebase went to C.

I believe that your last comment is just facetious.
I've used SAS since 1981 -- they were always arrogant.

The codebase conversion was to facilitate the migration/movement to other
platforms.

Before that, it was PL/1, which is why a lot of the code constructs resemble
that language.

IMO, SAS Institute just doesn't get it.
This is probably why WPS is gaining a strong foothold.

-
Ted MacNEIL
eamacn...@yahoo.ca