From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:ibm-m...@bama.ua.edu] On
Behalf Of Miklos Szigetvari
Sent: Tuesday, January 11, 2011 7:03 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: Re: Collecting error informations about a job

     Hi

Try to combine from "all" the possible sources into some common "event"
log For me an event :
- an abend with or without Fault Analyzer
- a LOGREC software  record
- maybe an SMF job/step termination record
- some OPERLOG messages
- RACF SMF error records
(maybe some more)

  I would like to generate this "event" log as HTML site, and every line
in the event log could have a link to the detailed information or
message explanation.
Of course I know it would never be perfect, and not the IBM nor the
vendors follow some common way  about message formats , diagnostic etc
etc But to combine this information's into a common "event" log maybe
could help in some cases.

email to lists...@bama.ua.edu with the message: GET IBM-MAIN INFO Search
the archives at http://bama.ua.edu/archives/ibm-main.html