>I wonder how many valid emails are not getting through
because of false-positive results in some spam sensing
algorithm.

I have always wondered the same thing since a time when our service provider
started using a metric of percentage of messages filtered by the spam filter(s)
as an indication of success.
When I pointed out the false negatives, and asked about any indication
regarding false positives, I got very blank looks and dead air.
Even my management didn't understand.

This is just as silly as the 'tip' at the top of a lot of IBM e-mails.
The one regarding: if you're not receiving this, inform your e-mail provider so
they can unblock the sender.

Riddle me this: If I am receiving the message, why would I have to talk to
anybody?
And, if I didn't receive it, what use would the instructions be?
-
Ted MacNEIL
eamacn...@yahoo.ca