I haven't seen this happen since we disposed of our last punch card reader!
but even then, all that needed to be done was send a delimiter ( "//" only )
thru the machine and hatever was "stuck" was immediately submitted in whatever
shape it was in JCL-wise.  With today's connections, don't know of any
comparable action short of turning off (force offline) the INTRDR connection.

Oh, there was also a switch on the machine for "force EOJ" which allowed for
jobs NOT to be submitted when the card hopper was empty, this allowed for
multiple boxes in in-stream data cards to be read in to completion without
accidental premature job submission.  I'm wondering if the INTRDR has a similar
setting that holds up the submission until a delimter is read in to indicate
the end of the JCL deck.

Be sure to report back on what corrects this condition.
Thanks.

hernandez

--- On Wed, 1/19/11, Annetjie Van Heerden <annetjie.vanheer...@sita.co.za>