On Tue, 18 Jan 2011 13:22:26 -0600, Andreas F. Geissbuehler wrote (to
Wheeler's, copy went to list...):
>I believe you once posted / answered a post about digitizing old
>hardcopy manuals. I have some 30 volumes 1980..1995 vintage,
>about 8'000 B&W pages to convert to PDF.

THANKS TO ALL for your advice, on and off-list. I learned it ain't an easy
trip down to the local Copy Service. Over time many pages are/were fused
together, have tears, careful paper handling is required! In the end I
decided to buy a Canon DUPLEX Auto Feed Scanner, model DR-2080C. and found a
new one on eBay for $350. I figure it will convert 80% of the pages at 20
sheets/min equal 40 front + back images/min.

Yes, definitly, once its end of life has been reached I will ask my client
to deposit/donate this mighty proprietary software to "computer history".

Andreas F. Geissbuehler
AFG Consultants Inc.
http://www.afgc-inc.com/