OK. I may have been a bit over the top. I was just musing that someone
__might__ get in trouble using this device.  I always think caution is
acceptable advice. But, as you said, if someone is worried, they should hire a
lawyer. I personally wouldn't copy an entire book thinking "fair use". But
again, that's for a lawyer to advise. And as I recall (vaguely) what a
legislator said when asked what a law meant: "I don't know. The courts haven't
told us yet." IOW - what a law appears to me to say may not be what a court
says it does. Which may not be what the appeals court says it is. Which does
not guarantee that SCOTUS would agree (if it were to get that far).

fair use overview: http://www.copyright.gov/fls/fl102.html

--
John McKown
Systems Engineer IV