Hi Mark,
Thanks for the code.

On Tue, Feb 1, 2011 at 5:47 PM, Mark Zelden <mzel...@flash.net> wrote:

> I did it in exit 6 in the past (you probably have seen posts of mine if
> you checked the archives).
>
> When I wrote this exit, we only cared if people were using TIME=
> with class "Q", which was an express class with 3 seconds of CPU
> time max.  There were always enough class Q inits since they were
> for quick compiles, iebgener jobs, etc.     So I checked for time=
> and set a flag, then did a second check after all JCL was converted
> to see if the jobclass was Q and time= was used.  If so, I set RC=8
> and canceled the job.   I also used the same exit to make RACF calls
> to JOBCLASS.x in a locally defined RACF class to see if the user
> was allowed to run in that class (keep test jobs out of production
> classes).

I actually don't want to cancel the job but to make sure it won't use
more time than allowed by
a preset policy.

In the end it means I would have to either change an existing TIME
parameter in the C/I
text or I even would have to add a TIME parameter to the existing C/I
text.  Or do I have any
other possibility. The "MVS Installation Exits" manual says: Use
Caution When Modifying C/I Text.
:-)

--
Manfred