From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu] On Behalf Of
Hardee,
Charles H
Sent: Thursday, February 03, 2011 2:11 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: Re: STCK vs TIMUSED

No, you still need to have the seconds position at a minimum for a borrow.
You're really better off subtracting the two STCK values using either the
entire binary
number or, the remaining digits after taking off the right 12 bits.

Assuming "addr" below points to where your TOD value is, and I believe you said
something
earlier about coming from an SVC dump, so I assume for the moment that you are
in IPCS:

"EVAL "addr" LEN(8) HEX REXX(STO(RAWTOD))"
TOD1 = X2D(B2X(LEFT(X2B(RAWTOD),52)))

TOD1 will then have the decimal TOD in microseconds.

Do the same for the other field, then subtract the 2 values. The result will be
in
microseconds and borrowing will be accounted for.

Chuck

Charles Hardee
CA technologies
Sr Sustaining Engineer