Good Morning Gentle Readers,

I am trying to find a certain dsn which was backed up by DFDSS.  In the job we
create a GDG (6 generations) list of the VTOC on DASD.  I go into ISPF 3.4,
type in the HLQ dsns of the VTOC backup lists (3,435 dsns are selected) My
problem is when I issue the command SRCHFOR "SYS2.CDB2.SDTWHFX" the SuperC
Search-for is invoked but the command returns back the message "String(s) not
found" after several minutes.
  My question is can the SRCHFOR command work when in ISPF 3.4?  If so could
somebody advise me as to how I can go about it.  The SRCHFOR command works when
I am in a PDS/PDSE but not when I am in ISPF 3.4.

I ran a test by browsing one of the VTOC list backups and it appears in
this particular backup list.

Thanks in advance