From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu] On
Behalf Of McKown, John
Sent: Friday, February 18, 2011 8:27 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: Re: [IBM-MAIN] Change the Summertime ZOS under Z/VM

To change the local clock, which really just adjusts the offset from the
hardware clock, use the

T CLOCK=hh.mm.ss

command. If you want to change like from standard time to daylight
savings time, it's even easier (example is US Central)

T TIMEZONE=W.06

for standard time or

T TIMEZONE=W.05

for daylight savings time. This assumes the hardware clock is set to UTC
(GMT). There is __NO__ command to change the actual hardware clock in
z/OS. Some have said that if you set the clock backwards, you need to
IPL. I will say that we do not do this! We don't have DB2. We do have
CICS. For each CICS region, after changing the clock in z/OS, enter the
CICS transaction:

CEMT PER,RESET

If you have the z/OS consoles defined to your CICS region, you can do
this with a MODIFY command:

F cicsreg,CEMT PER,RESET

This is how we do it. In fact, it is done by running a batch job which
issues the commands. This job is a normal part of our schedule and so is
done automatically for us.

--
John McKown
Systems Engineer IV

Administrative Services Group

HealthMarkets(r)

(817) 255-3225 phone *

proprietary information. If you are not the intended recipient, please
contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the
original message. HealthMarkets(r) is the brand name for products
underwritten and issued by the insurance subsidiaries of HealthMarkets,
Inc. -The Chesapeake Life Insurance Company(r), Mid-West National Life
Insurance Company of TennesseeSM and The MEGA Life and Health Insurance
Company.SM

email to lists...@bama.ua.edu with the message: GET IBM-MAIN INFO Search
the archives at http://bama.ua.edu/archives/ibm-main.html