From:   "Givens, Dennis W." <dennis.giv...@cnasurety.com>
To:     IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Date:   02/18/2011 12:25 PM
Subject:        RACF Resource Classes
Sent by:        IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu>

I am working on the resolution of exceptions produced by the recently
activated Health Checker feature on a Z/OS 1.10 system.
Specifically the following 2 checks:

      CHECK(IBMRACF,RACF_TAPEVOL_ACTIVE)
      Check Severity: Medium
IRRH229E The class TAPEVOL is not active.
        Explanation:  The class is not active. IBM recommends that the
security administrator at your
installation activate this class and define in it the profiles to properly
protect your system.

      CHECK(IBMRACF,RACF_TEMPDSN_ACTIVE)
Check Severity: Medium
IRRH229E The class TEMPDSN is not active.
Explanation:  The class is not active. IBM recommends that the security
administrator at your
installation activate this class and define in it the profiles to properly
protect your system.

I am contemplating activating both of these resource classes but have no
immediate plans for using them in any profiles.
My concern is that the activation of these classes will in itself cause me
problems. Any experiences or insight would be much appreciated.

Signed A Novice RACF Administrator