Sysplex

-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu] On Behalf Of
Rabbe, Luke
Sent: Friday, February 25, 2011 1:32 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: Re: Moving from XCF-local to single-system sysplex environment

I know these CDS types:

ARM
BPXMCDS
CFRM
LOGR
SFM
WLM

What's the 7th type?

Luke

-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu] On Behalf Of
R.S.
Sent: Friday, February 25, 2011 12:03 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu

Daniel Allen pisze:
> We have a XCF-local system with no access to a coupling facility. However, we
> would like to run CICS/TS 4.1 with DASD-only logging.
>
> Can we create a COUPLExx parmlib member with LOGR only ?
>
> Or do we need all five COUPLE facilities ?

No, and no.

You have to create two CDS types: sysplex (aka XCF) and LOGR.
Oh, BTW, there are 7 CDS types.

--
Radoslaw Skorupka
Lodz, Poland

--
BRE Bank SA
ul. Senatorska 18

Sd Rejonowy dla m. st. Warszawy
XII Wydzia Gospodarczy Krajowego Rejestru Sdowego,
nr rejestru przedsibiorców KRS 0000025237
NIP: 526-021-50-88
Wedug stanu na dzie 16.07.2010 r. kapita zakadowy BRE Banku SA (w caoci
wpacony) wynosi 168.248.328 zotych.

NOTE: This electronic message and any files transmitted with it are
confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to
whom they are addressed. If you have received this message in error, any
unauthorized review, use, disclosure, distribution or copying of this message
is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender
by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message. Unless
expressly stated in this e-mail, nothing in this message should be construed as
a digital or electronic signature or writing.