From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Gerry Palmer
Sent: Saturday, November 26, 2005 3:20 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: EXEC PARM "bug" or "feature"?

I've run into an oddity when passing an EXEC PARM to a COBOL program. I
don't see anything in the JCL reference that seems to directly address
this, but I'm wondering if I'm missing something. This is on a z/OS 1.4
system.

Basically, it seems that if the last character of the EXEC PARM string
is a forward slash, that character is stripped from the PARM value
before the parameter string is passed to my COBOL program. I can get a
trailing forward slash passed to the COBOL program by coding two
trailing slashes in the PARM= value, but the only mention I see in the
JCL reference of a need to "double up" on characters in the PARM= string
is for ampersands and apostrophes. Embedded forward slashes are passed
as expected; only the final trailing slash is stripped from the
parameter string value (so there's no need to "double up" on every
forward slash, just the last one).

This e-mail transmission contains information that is confidential and may be
privileged.   It is intended only for the addressee(s) named above. If you
receive this e-mail in error, please do not read, copy or disseminate it in any
manner. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying,
distribution or use of the contents of this information is prohibited. Please
reply to the message immediately by informing the sender that the message was
misdirected. After replying, please erase it from your computer system. Your
assistance in correcting this error is appreciated.