W dniu 2011-03-05 00:40, Charles Mills pisze:
I have been performing some tests. There are a lot of variations: not just
JCL but SVC 99, FTP, etc.

People here love to demonstrate their knowledge. What's wrong with asking
them? Discussion of the city of Toronto's airports is okay but a discussion
of PDS DISP= is not?

The problem is not obvious, as you have seen in having re-thought your first
answer.

Charles,
You mis-interpreted my intention. I suggested the tests, because it's IMHO good advice. I think you understand it as "don't bother us with simple questions, you should RTFM or test it!". Yes, it can be understood that way, but *it wasn't my intention*. Please, remember: English is foreign language for me so sometimes some nuances or allusions can be unintentional. I answered because not to say "I know the answer", but because I knew the answer and thought it can be helpful. Provided some clue.

Back to technical discussion: it is quite simple IMHO, and can be easily tested using JCL and DFSMS utilities. (My self-correction was a result of "type in a hurry mode".)
Caution: there many test cases, but it doesn't make it complicated.
When you get results for JCL and utilities - I think that ftp, SVC99, and whatever will not make it more complex.

Regards
--
Radoslaw Skorupka
Lodz, Poland

P.S. Regarding Toronto: I simply delete whole thread without reading it.

--
BRE Bank SA
ul. Senatorska 18

Sd Rejonowy dla m. st. Warszawy XII Wydzia Gospodarczy Krajowego Rejestru Sdowego, nr rejestru przedsibiorców KRS 0000025237
NIP: 526-021-50-88
Wedug stanu na dzie 16.07.2010 r. kapita zakadowy BRE Banku SA (w caoci wpacony) wynosi 168.248.328 zotych.