W dniu 2011-03-05 04:46, Gerhard Adam pisze:
I don't think it's a question of what to reply, but rather if you feel the
product is poorly documented or supported, then it seems the place to be
having this conversation is with IBM.  I personally can't see any reason for
coding DISP=MOD or DISP=NEW when maintaining PDS members.  As for, customers
can do what they want ... perhaps so, but not if they expect support.  I had
one programmer code DISP=(OLD,DELETE) to try and remove a member from a
LNKLST library, so I don't accept that argument (fortunately security
prevented him from deleting the entire library).  If they use the DISP
improperly, then you will see this kind of coding.

In normal circumstances there are more protection means. All LNKLST datasets are "kept" by XCFAS and LLA. Both can be switched off, but this is really exceptional situation.

BTW: The programmer mentione in the story could use (SHR,DELETE), because OLD would cause "job is waiting for datasets" and not even start (the step).

--
Radoslaw Skorupka
Lodz, Poland

--
BRE Bank SA
ul. Senatorska 18

Sd Rejonowy dla m. st. Warszawy XII Wydzia Gospodarczy Krajowego Rejestru Sdowego, nr rejestru przedsibiorców KRS 0000025237
NIP: 526-021-50-88
Wedug stanu na dzie 16.07.2010 r. kapita zakadowy BRE Banku SA (w caoci wpacony) wynosi 168.248.328 zotych.