Jim,

IBM is continuing to enhance the performance... the 1.11 indicates that the
short-lived AT-TLS may have been worse prior to 1.11.  I suspect that
the pseudo-conversational is falling into the short-lived camp... and
conversational is keeping the "conversation going" so to speak.

You might ask for clarification on the CICS-L about psuedo v.s.
conversational.  I am guessing that you are prior to 1.11 of z/OS.

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/ieduasst/stgv1r0/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.iea.commserv_v1/commserv/1.12z/perf/PerformanceOther/player.html

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/ieduasst/stgv1r0/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.iea.commserv_v1/commserv/1.11z/security/security/player.html

<http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/ieduasst/stgv1r0/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.iea.commserv_v1/commserv/1.11z/security/security/player.html>
Cheers,