On 28 Nov 2005 08:37:06 -0800, [EMAIL PROTECTED] (McKown, John)
wrote:

>I wish that we were in the position to use some training, but z/OS is
>moribund here. Everybody is totally convinced of the following "facts":
>(1) z/OS is incapable of running current internet type applications; (2)
>z/OS is dying in the marketplace, at least for our size shop (~ 300
>MIPS); (3) z/OS is far too expensive when compared to Windows; (4) z/OS
>is more difficult to develop for than Windows; (5) z/OS people are too
>rare and expensive; (6) z/OS people are too resistant to change; (7)
>z/OS is proprietary, whereas Windows is "open"; (8) z/OS is more
>difficult to maintain due to the dependance on OEM software. Windows is
>better because MS supplies all the software, so it is better integrated.

I don't believe our decision makers are convinced of those "facts".
What they are convinced of is that whatever applications they buy next
to replace the core of the applications on our mainframe today - will
not be Z/OS applications.

Applications are what matter.