Are these the only two LPARs on the z9 BC and if so, are you capping due to
software cost?  If they are the only LPARs on the machine and you don't have
software requirements, I would not do either hard cap or soft cap.  Just put
the largest percentage to your production system and let it go from there.
Then both will get as much as they can when the box is not 100% and when
100%, your production will be protected.

The initially capping is a hardcap as you stated which means that it will
NOT go above the 80% (based on these being the only two LPARs) but also have
a defined capacity of 10.

If you want defined capacity (4 hour rolling limit/softcap), then remove the
initial-capping and use defined capacity....However DON'T code zero.  If you
want production to have everything it can get and hold the test to 2 MSUs 4
hour rolling, define PRODLPAR with the 800 weight only and the TESTLPAR with
200 weight and defined capacity of 2.

zSeries Sysprog