Bill Fairchild wrote:

>Or they could ask the vendor of the sort product they plan to use for some
ideas on how to accomplish their goal.

Sort Package Vendors are lurking here. Just put the word 'Sort' somewhere in
the subject and they will 'sort' you out. ;-D

> Perhaps some Googling for sort techniques and/or performance pitfalls might
help them, too.

There are lots of good hits for that out there on the internet.

> Is there a SORT-MAIN forum?

Good question. But I can't do proper searches, because the word 'sort' is
ambiguous in searches.

1. Sort - refers to listing/handling/managing of <whatever>.
2. Sort used as other meaning - 'We can sort this out for you for XYZ.'
3. I found thousands of 'dead' and useless links when googling or using yahoo.
Even when searching for groups, I found useless links for groups unrelated
to  'computer'.

Are there good search arguments to use to discover such a (platform
independent?) forum? Feel free to 'sort' me out... ;-D

(I'm outta this thread for now because of drift from the original subject...)

Groete / Greetings
Elardus Engelbrecht