Hi Sam, Dennis,

Unfortunately simply issuing an IXGOFFLD, from the S IXGOFLDS proc or
another program, may not cause logger to deallocate the current offload data
set.  Logger keeps the current offload data set allocated until it switches
to a new one (because it fills, or there is an io error).

Under current means, to have logger deallocate the current offload data set
you'll either have to either 1) wait for RRS to fill the current offload
data set and ensure an offload occurs, or 2) disconnect from the log stream
(meaning a RRS outage).

The logger team is looking at FITS requirement MR032211327 to provide an
outside means to cause logger to get off a data set.

-Nick Jones
Logger L3