Hello Radoslaw,

I'm not sure I can help but here is some information that may be useful.

I typically see different average transmit and receive frame sizes during
the day (on-line) compared to the evening (batch). I've seen down to
1000 bytes during on-line and around 1700 bytes during batch for DASD.
I haven't actually looked only at tape but would expect the average to
be higher and consistent.

The ISL average sizes seem to be even more disperse.

John.

On Wed, 23 Mar 2011 09:05:51 +0100, R.S.
<r.skoru...@bremultibank.com.pl> wrote:

>What is typical FC frame size in FICON environment?
>I guess there are two different answers -  one for disk, the second for
>tape.
>

>Background: I would like to estimate number of BB credits needed for
ISL