From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu] On Behalf Of
W. Kevin Kelley
Sent: Tuesday, March 29, 2011 12:02 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: HMC System Console usage (one more time)

I'm being asked one more time by TPTB to determine how the HMC System
Console is actually being used by z/OS customers:

1) How many of you have used to it in an emergency as the "console of last
resort"?

2) How many of you have used it to recover OSA attached consoles?

3) How many of you have no locally-attached consoles and use the System
Console to IPL and get you through NIP before transitioning to SMCS consoles
(or some other console support requiring Comm Server to be up)?

W. Kevin Kelley  -- IBM POK Lab -- z/OS Core Technical Development