Best of Luck on your retirement..

Scott J Ford

________________________________
From: Joel Ewing <jcew...@acm.org>
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Sent: Fri, April 1, 2011 3:19:34 PM
Subject: Retired

Effective as of the end of yesterday (3/31), at 65+ I am now officially retired
from Data-Tronics Technical Services after serving there almost 33 years.  I
will probably continue to monitor ibm-main occasionally, but I expect any
future
contributions from me would be rare.

Ibm-main has been very useful over the years both to me personally and to
Data-Tronics, but that usefulness is primarily from discussions of people
dealing with current issues on current versions of software. Although
occasionally entertaining, I don't think ibm-main needs any increase in
historical-only content.

Unless IBM were to suddenly change philosophy and do something that would make
environments that support Systems Programming on z/OS available to casual
individual users at a price that doesn't impact a middle class budget, my
expertise will soon be only historical.

"So long and thanks for all the fish" (not in any way intended to imply that
Vogon destruction of Earth is imminent).
-- Joel C. Ewing, Fort Smith, AR        jcew...@acm.org
              Bentonville, AR      jcew...@acm.org
formerly,
Sr. Technical Administrator, Mainframe Systems, Data-Tronics Corp., Fort
Smith