On 4/4/2011 2:35 PM, Scott Ford wrote:
Oh, yes, but people seem to forgot a lot of corporate data is kept on z/OS
....and probably in Cobol/Assembler/PL/1
And a lot of these big corporate giants arent going to pay to convert the code
to Linux/Windows...until they absolutely have to and the cheapest way possible.

Scott J Ford

And they aren't going to pay to train the newbies how to
use the z/OS platform - at least not so far. (Well, actually,
one or two have, but nowhere near enough to cover the gap.)

And back to the OP who was looking for a job. Young, educated,
with z experience.

________________________________
From: "Givens, Dennis W."<dennis.giv...@cnasurety.com>
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Sent: Mon, April 4, 2011 4:29:30 PM
Subject: Re: Mainframe Fresher

That is the second item I hear frequently when talks come around to platform
selection.
1) Very expensive
2) Can find JAVA programmers a lot easier than COBOL.

--

Kind regards,

-Steve Comstock
The Trainer's Friend, Inc.

303-393-8716
http://www.trainersfriend.com

* To get a good Return on your Investment, first make an investment!
  + Training your people is an excellent investment

* Try our new tool for calculating your Return On Investment
    for training dollars at
  http://www.trainersfriend.com/ROI/roi.html