---------------------------------<snip>----------------------------------

Hehe well it depends on who you ask I guess. We had just converted from MVT to MVS and a programmer came down and told me to fix the system. He had gotten a S0C7 .. he said it was the system abend so I should fix it. I ended up calling his boss and reporting the guy.

A month or so later he left the company and went to work as a consultant at one of the news papers here in Chicago. I loss track of him but it made me wonder back then about the stability of any newspaper who would hire the guy.
BTDT. Spent several sleepless nights working through data with the programmer to find the exact problem before I learned how to let DF/SORT find it in the input stream. Got a reputation of being a real nasty unpleasant dragon
before people started to get the idea and used their brains!  :-)

Rick