Michael,

You can move the volume with PPRC and use PDAS to point to the new location.

It's no different to using a volume manager to create a RAID-1 copy and then
deleting the old copy, providing you bought a volume manager with the OS.

But none of that will solve moving the file while it's open. I would like to
know what other OS supports transparently moving an open file without
disrupting the application that has it open. How would I do that with a
spreadsheet or word document, or an Oracle redo log using basic windows or
UNIX utilities only?

Ron

Behalf Of