On Tue, 12 Apr 2011 10:52:57 -0400, Barkow, Eileen wrote:

>I cannot ping the PC IP address  and WSA gives back RC=60, so I am assuming
>that it is the firewall
>(network people told me that it was ICMP in particular).

Yup.  Ping requires ICMP.  And PITA but, many firewall administrators
operate according to the Principle of Tyranny: anything that's not
compulsory is forbidden.

I don't know what RC=60 from WSA means.  What port does WSA need?
What's a good way to on z/OS to test for an open port on another
system?

-- gil