On Tue, 12 Apr 2011 18:33:06 -0400, Dave Salt wrote:

>> From: dick bond
>> Our workstation IP addresses, even if fixed (like mine - most are not),
>> cannot be accessed
>> from z/OS.  I would think most real-world shops are that way - if not, well,
>> they may need to hire some networking personnel to setup proper security.
>
>My experience is that most real-world shops CAN access the workstation from
>z/OS. I've worked at some very secure sites that had very tight security, and
>in every case it was always easy to set up a workstation connection.

It's more plausible that sites that like to consider themselves
very secure prohibit running servers of whatever sort (even X11?)
on desktops.  (Even as they block ICMP.)  And here I don't know
the WSA topology.  Which side does listen() and which side does
connect()?  From what the OP said, it appears that the workstation
is the server.

-- gil