I am trying to get TSSO running, and I have run into a problem the worst of
which is being a newbie to TSSO. The OSCMD command works fine in a CLIST,
but I prefer to use REXX. I originally tried setting CMDRESP= 'CLIST' but found
out with a Instruction trace that while the code finds the variable, the value
is inaccessable from the code. I spend most of the day learning a valuable
lesson that in  a SLIP instruction fetch trace, just because you can see a
memory location in the trace does not mean that the code can see it.

Anyway, after discovering this, the section of the documentation about using
SYSAUTH_MAXCMDOUT finally made sense. So I set SYSAUTH_AUTHCMDOUT
= 200, and made it past the code that was failing. Unfortunately, the code is
now failing in the JCEVCTDB routine with the exact same problem I had before.
The address of the value is being passed to the routine, and the trace shows
it is correct, but I get a S0C4 in the

DECCHK    CLI   0(1),C'0'

instruction, and R1 is pointing to the correct value of 200. I thought the
SYSAUTH_MAXCMDOUT value was supposed to be readable, but it appears
that the storage containing the value is not.

Does anybody have any insights in using OSCMD in a REXX program and what
might be causing my issue? Oh yes, all the TSSO commands are in the
AUTHCMD section of IKJTSO00, and the TSSO library is in the LINKLIST.

Thanks,
Neal