I looked through my old notes and found that JCECVTDB is/was not authorized,
it isn't meant to be, but it also isn't 31bit.  Since you are getting an
0C4, is it possible that you have inadvertently assembled/linked things and
made them 31bit?

There are a lot of issues that will pop up over the next few releases of
z/OS with TSSO, mostly because of the changes to the system to support
System REXX, and it's possible also that you have run into some of them.  I
think that V1.13 will probably see the end of TSSO as t is now, but the
original code is WELL over 30 years old and 4.3 is something on the order of
25+ years old. Once I saw the "writing on the wall" I decided that the best
course was to re-write it completely and that's what I have been doing for
the past year or so as time permits.

I can't get mine to fail, but I have also modified things a great deal and
no longer really have the old TSSO that you are probably using.  I will
download a copy of the old one and give your code a shot, but I wanted to
make sure it wasn't something simple (like the wrong assembly/link parms).

Brian