The first real, as opposed to classroom exercise, assembler program I wrote, CLEANER, was used to clean 1403 print trains. I was really proud of that program. Wish I had a copy of the source, but it's long gone.

Schwartz, Alan wrote:
I used it to clean the print trains on our 1403 printers Alan
-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu] On
Behalf Of Doug Fuerst
Sent: Monday, April 25, 2011 2:56 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: Re: Anyone Still Using OLTEP?

Must be olddddd.... Tape drives...

Doug
-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu] On
Behalf Of Clifford McNeill
Sent: Monday, April 25, 2011 2:54 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu

Is anyone still using OLTEP...and if so...what for?

I have only run it at the request of a CE working on broken tape drives.
I can't remember the last time it was requested or run (perhaps late
80s).  As long as the CE can fix the tape drive problem without OLTEP,
I'm quite happy not to run it.
    Cliff McNeill
email to lists...@bama.ua.edu with the message: GET IBM-MAIN INFO Search
the archives at http://bama.ua.edu/archives/ibm-main.html

email to lists...@bama.ua.edu with the message: GET IBM-MAIN INFO Search
the archives at http://bama.ua.edu/archives/ibm-main.html

| Jim Phoenix                      | Voice:   (310) 338-0400 x316   |
| Senior Software Developer        | Fax:     (310) 338-0801        |
| Phoenix Software International   |                                |
| 831 Parkview Drive North         | jimphoe...@phoenixsoftware.com |
| El Segundo, CA 90245             | http://www.phoenixsoftware.com |

Opinions expressed by this individual are not necessarily those of the Company.