On 25 April 2011 14:43, John Eells <ee...@us.ibm.com> wrote:

> Is anyone still using OLTEP...and if so...what for?

IIRC IBM never provided the actual tests (OLTs) to customers. OLTEP is
just the framework ("executive") for running the mostly
hardware-specific OLTS, and those came via the CE channel rather then
PID, so I'm surprised that customers would have any OLTs to run. Of
course in many cases the site CE (heh  - remember those?) would give
copies of OLTs to the customer, and they would be stored in the
customer's OLTEP library anyway, but where would anyone get an OLT for
a current piece of hardware?

Surely no one is currently running a home-grown OLT...

I notice in passing that the version of the MVS OLTEP book current
with z/OS 1.12 is dated June 1995, and applies to MVS/ESA 5.2.

Tony H.